Welcome to Central Presbyterian Church located in historic downtown Petersburg, Illinois. Christians have been gathering in this place since 1839 to worship, care for others, learn and grow. We invite you to join us as we worship the God of our salvation, learn how to be disciples of Christ, serve our brothers and sisters, and share the joys of friendship and communion with each other in our community and beyond.
Church Reopening on July 5, 2020
We are extremely excited to let everyone know that Central Presbyterian will be opening up for regular services beginning July 5, at 10:00 a.m. We haven’t met in the sanctuary since the middle of March, and can’t wait to see everyone again! However, given the continued guidelines from the state, as well as our own decisions from the worship committee, we will be implementing the procedures listed below.
Please remember these are necessary to ensure the health and safety of each attendee. Please follow the guidelines and be aware of everyone around you.
● The entrance will be the usual front door. Please use social distancing.
● Collection plates will be at the entrance. Offering envelopes will also be available for those needing them.
● There will be an usher at the entrance for help and assistance.
● Masks will be worn at all times. We will have masks at the entrance in case you cannot bring your own.
● Selected seating will be where there are cushions.
● We will have prepackaged communion elements and waste cans in each row for disposal.
● We will not be singing.
● No hymnals, no offering envelopes, and no pens/pencils will be located in the pews.
● Everyone will remain seated at the end for the postlude.
● The ushers will dismiss the congregation, one row at a time.
● The service will be recorded and posted later for those who cannot attend.
Again, we hope to see everyone on the 5th, but please join us only if you are comfortable. This will be difficult with many changes, but we will join together to praise God to the very best of our ability.